ISO 10006 was formulated by Technical Committee lSO/TC 176 ‘Quality management and quality assurance’ with a purpose of providing guidance for Quality management in projects. ISO 10006 displays specific guidelines of Quality management to be followed by any project irrespective of its background such as large, small, long term, short term, individual, group, environmental, industrial and rest.
It is necessary for a project managing personnel to understand that ISO 10006 is a guide to Quality management in the project and not a plain guide to project management. ISO 10006 is a guidance document. Hence, it is not supposed to be used as a certification/ registration process.
ISO 10006 Certification can be applied to any organization conducting projects irrespective of its size, shape, turnover, geographical location, etc. ISO have adopted process approach which follows PDCA act (Plan – Do – Check – Act) cycle which brings in a drive for continued perfection in the process of organization.
There are two aspects of ISO 10006 :
- Project process
- Project product
Both the aspects accentuate that the achievement of quality objectives is top management responsibility.
ISO 10006 in similarity with ISO 9001 strictly follows 7 Quality Management Principles :
- Process approach
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Systematic approach
- Factual approach to decision making
- Continual improvement
Benefits of ISO 10006 :
- It enhances corporate image and market share of an organization/ project
- Customer satisfaction is attained with assured quality and safety of customers, employees, and others related to the project
- Following a systematic guidance cuts excessive cost of the organization.
- Offers more efficient and time-saving process.
- Highlights deficiency in the project.
- Provides better marketing opportunity and increased sales.
- Continuous improvement in Quality of the project.
- On time delivery of the project
Problems faced in ISO 10006 :
- Often confusion is generated due to misunderstanding Quality Management of product as project management.
- Many organizations lay more focus on product and less focus on its Quality.
- Companies make no – realistic plan which is impossible to achieve.
- The plan of quality management could not meet the quality standards stated in ISO 10006.
- A person having improper professional knowledge of quality and product is appointed as in charge of the project.
- Problems are faced in auditing due to lack of proper knowledge, training and required competence to interpret the requirements of the standard.
- Half knowledge is fatal. The absence of complete knowledge regarding ISO 10006 conformity and determining a suitable system, can land you in big trouble along with a huge amount of bills and expenditure.
- Lack of commitment to establish, implement and maintain ISO 10006 based quality management system, results in non-achievement of desired results.
- Adopting a bureaucratic and incompatible system can prove painful, redundant and build fear in employs which can degrade their motivation.
- Auditing, Training and improving quality can cost you more than you can input, which makes most of the organization to step out of the process.
Worried? You don’t have to. Ascent Saudi has amazing solutions for you.
- Ascent Saudi present to you a comprehensive understanding of ISO 10006 so that no confusion is mounted in your mind and your organization.
- Ascent highlights the fields to be laid focus on and prevents you from giving excess time to unnecessary factors.
- Ascent points out the deficit in your plans and assists you to formulate it for achieving ISO 10006 standards.
- The Ascent Solutions Architect guides you through the entire ISO 10006 compliance and implementation till the achievement of certification which will give you a sigh of relief.
- Ascent expert guiding you about the inadequate resources will resolve various problems.
Hiring Ascent can guide you with proper budget knowledge without you paying additional expenses.
- Ascent based Solutions Architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake a gap analysis before the project outline is designed. No repeats, no non-useful documents are ensured.
- Ascent facilitates in-depth and professional auditing services that are significantly more stringent than the audits done by certification bodies. This ensures no failure during external audits.
- Ascent utilizes methods of making use of available resources within the organization that helps reduce expenses.
- Ascent works 24X7, to cater to the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even in the odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.