HACCP certification was formed with the emerging necessity of food safety in the world. It is an internationally established standard for protecting the food supply from chemical and microbiological hazards. The certificate had laid down the general requirements to be followed for the achievement of the certification. Effective implementation of the requirements will assure human health and safety in the supply of the food chains.
HACCP is applicable to all big, small, manufactures, suppliers, retailers in the food chain irrespective of its location, business size, etc which include
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Meat & Meat Products
- Dairy Products
- Fish & Fishery Products
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Nuts & Nut Products
- Restaurants and cooking service providers
- Fast Food Operations etc.
HACCP endorses techniques to confirm the safety standard of food products. With the achievement of certification, it is confirmed that the food product is safe which gives customers confidence about the consumption of the food products. People avoid taking a risk when it comes to food and health safety. Most retailers and supermarket owners deal with HACCP certified products and the maximum amount of consumers prefer safety-approved food products.
Requirements of HACCP Certification:
- Product safety
- HACCP plan
- Hazard analysis
- Preventive actions
- Product testing
- Apply control measures
- Take corrective actions
- Consider food hygiene
- Internal audit
- Product verification
Benefits of HACCP Certification:
- Customer satisfaction
- Consumer safety and health
- Food standard and quality enhanced to the conformity
- Benefit of international stature against other competitors with no HACCP certification.
- Identifies, manages, and minimizes risks.
- Assists in the long run of your business
- Stakeholder’s confidence
- Encouragement of the food industry
- Prevention of diseases and chemical hazards
- Reduces cost
Problems faced in HACCP Certification :
- Organizations face a tough time following the guidelines laid down in the HACCP certification process.
- The absence of corrective training and employee education safety measures in the manufacturing process leads to failure in HACCP achievement.
- Rules and regulations for food products laid by country can be complicated to grasp by another country in absence of professional guidance.
- The absence of continuous monitoring and controlling in the organization makes them ineligible for the certification
- Too many documents generate predicament in the manufacturing process making the achievement of HACCP certification arduous for them.
- Adopting a bureaucratic and incompatible HACCP system can prove painful, redundant, and build fear in employs which can degrade their motivation.
- Auditing, Training, and improving quality can cost you more than you can input, which makes most of the organization to step out of the process.
- Unprofessional and incorrect offers given by Consultants that display a very wide range of pricing. This creates confusion and hampers the Consultant selection process.
How Ascent Saudi can help you?
- Ascent Saudi provides complete understanding and proper training to personnel that can solve HACCP certification-related issues easily. Ascent provides training based on the need of the organization and not unnecessary ones.
- We eradicate the language barrier with our professional knowledge and years of experience.
- We have our HACCP certification specialist who will clearly guide you through the whole process without you facing any complications.
- Ascent Saudi with its expert knowledge and more than 18 years of experience guides you perfectly to achieve the right HACCP
- The Ascent Solutions Architect guides you through the entire UL marking compliance and implementation till achievement of certification which will give you a sigh of relief.
- Ascent based Solutions Architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake a gap analysis before the project outline is designed. No repeats, no non-useful documents are ensured.
- Ascent facilitates in-depth and professional auditing services that are significantly more stringent than the audits done by certification bodies. This ensures no failure during external audits.
- Hiring Ascent can guide you with proper budget knowledge without you paying additional expenses.
- Ascent works 24X7, to cater to the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even in odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.