ISO 10007 portrays guidelines for configuration management. Configuration management is a process for implementing and sustaining consistency of a product performance. Configuration management executes technical and administrative control for the life cycle of a product to maintain and enhance its lifetime performance.
ISO 10007 promotes the use of configuration and assists organizations in applying configuration management to improve the quality of the product. It first outlines the authority and responsibility before planning the configuration of the process. ISO 10007 is mostly used in IT services, military vehicles and information system, civil engineering, industrial industries, construction and similar products and services. ISO 10006 is a guidance document. Hence, it is not supposed to be used as a certification/ registration process.
ISO 10007 Certification can be adopted by any organization irrespective of its shape, size, age, and geographical location. ISO has adopted the process approach which follows PDCA act (Plan – Do – Check – Act) cycle which brings in a drive for continued perfection in the process of organization.
There are 5 Principles of Configuration management :
· CM (Configuration management) planning and management
· Configuration identification
· Configuration control
· Configuration status accountancy
· Configuration verification and auditing
Benefits of ISO 10007 :
· ISO 10007 improves the design, quality, and lifespan of the product.
· Increases customer satisfaction
· Prevents technical turmoil
· Reduces costs of the product by providing better quality with a good life cycle of the product.
· Prevention of adverse consequences.
· Verification that the product change is beneficial
· Complete control of documentation.
· Assurance that the configuration of the product meets international standard.
· Facilitates product quality maintenance
· Foresee risks and opportunities. Prepare yourself systematically, in advance for it.
Problems faced in ISO 10007 :
· Organizations face problem due to lack of adequate knowledge and training on the subject.
· Employees are not motivated enough to follow the whole configuration management process.
· Imprudent plan of improvement of quality can cause loss of ISO 10007 accreditation.
· Without an expert guidance auditing, training and improving quality can cost you more than you can input, which makes most of the organizations step out of the process.
· Organizations may be trying their best, but still failing to reap the results. The reason behind this could be their deprived knowledge of inadequacy of resources in their organization.
· Unprofessional and incorrect offers given by Consultants, that displays a very wide range of pricing. This creates confusion and hampers the Consultant selection process.
· The possibility that the Consultant guides through, and emphasizes on massive documentation which the organization cannot handle, and somehow isn’t the mandatory requirement of the international standard too.
· Selection of a certification body that does not bear or maintain enough credibility, resulting in loss of accreditation.
Worried? You don’t have to. Ascent Saudi has amazing solutions for you.
· Ascent provides intact knowledge and training of ISO 10007 and supports you until you attain the goal.
· Ascent training includes a thorough motivation of employees which builds unbelievable confidence in them.
· Ascent Saudi serves the best plan required by your organization to achieve ISO 10007
· Hiring Ascent can guide you with proper budget knowledge without you paying additional expenses.
· Ascent experts guide you about the inadequate resources which clear obstacles in achieving ISO 10007 standard.
· Ascent based Solutions Architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake a gap analysis before the project outline is designed. No repeats, no non-useful documents are ensured.
· Ascent facilitates in-depth and professional auditing services that are significantly more stringent than the audits done by certification bodies. This ensures no failure during external audits.
· Ascent works 24X7, to cater to the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even in the odd hours and holidays.
· Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.