ISO 17020 Accreditation | Conformity assessment — Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection
Ensure customer satisfaction and improve the efficiency of inspection by implementing ISO 17020 Certification in Saudi Arabia
What is ISO 17020 Certification?
ISO (International Standard of Organization) established ISO 17020 accreditation to promote the requirement of competence in bodies performing inspection and maintain consistency in their inspection services.
ISO 17020: 2012 can be applied at any stage of inspection. ISO 17020 encourages Inspecting bodies to build confidence in their activities.
Inspection bodies inspect on behalf of their external clients, parent organizations, and/or both or authority to provide information about the conformity of inspected items. The inspection includes the assessment of quality, safety, fitness, installation, application, material, products, plants, processes, or operations. The inspection can be conducted from system to service and from raw materials to finished goods.
ISO 17020 Accredited standard is the world acknowledged standard for giving substantial outcomes with lawful documentation. Outsider evaluation assists with further developing the investigation interaction. The ISO/IEC 17020 Accreditation was first evolved in the year 1998 with the alteration in the year 2012. The investigation body will be an independent character to meet the base prerequisites specified in Annex A, as illustrated beneath to play out its administrations.
Type A: An independent investigation body that gives outsider examination benefits yet takes part in no exercises that might struggle with their freedom of judgment and honesty.
Type B: Inspection bodies are independent to supply examination administrations to their parent organization areas which structure a different and recognizable part of an Organization.
Type C: Inspection bodies can perform assessments of their parent organization and other outer organization, yet may not be a different part of the organization.
Benefits of ISO 17020 Certification
- Legal assurance and responsibility of Results and Reports
- Enhanced quality in an inspection
- Achievement of customer satisfaction
- Reduced cost of the inspection
- Gain customer trust
- Foresee risks and opportunities. Prepare yourself systematically, in advance for it.
- Continuous improvement
- Increased efficiency of Inspection bodies
- Certification adds the credibility of international stature, against other organizations that do not demonstrate such third-party endorsements.
- Helps establish appropriate systems to control manpower systematically and monitor their performances.
- Mandates continuous monitoring & measurement of the processes that prevent unintended derailments.
Requirements of ISO 17020 Certification
- Assessment based on the International standard.
- Define the type of examination.
- Qualification requirement
- Availability of facilities and equipment.
- Examination of an inspection result
- Prepare Inspection report
- Verify inspection report
- Auditing of on-site inspection
- Review of Documents
- Assessing the office of the inspection body.
- Fulfill requirements of personnel
ISO has adopted the process approach which follows the PDCA act (Plan – Do – Check – Act) cycle which brings in a drive for continued perfection in the process of the organization.
Which Organization needs ISO 17020 Certification?
Any Organization, that does any kind of Inspection can apply and get accreditated for ISO 17020:2012.
Organizations conveying assessment in the field of Engineering, Lifting hardware/Hoists, Electrical establishments, nearby fumes ventilation, freight, Civil Construction, Health and social consideration, Environmental Technology Verification, Food security-related inspection, Crime related examination, and so on can accomplish ISO 17020 Accreditation to work on in their investigation quality.
Why do you need ISO 17020 Certification?
The greatest advantage an organization can accomplish from ISO 17020 Certification is improvement in business process control through process normalization and consistency of all the fundamental skill prerequisites. ISO 17020 assists the association with keeping up with fair-mindedness and consistency of their inspection review.
Strength of Ascent SAUDI
- Ascent Saudi guides you through a complete understanding of ISO 17020 processes in all parts of Riyadh, Jeddah, Al-Khobar, and Dammam.
- Ascent personnel, conduct a thorough Gap Analysis to understand the Organization Management System, before the ISO 17020 requirements are applied.
- Ascent provides complete understanding and proper training for personnel that can solve inspection issues easily. Ascent provides training based on the need of the organization and not unnecessary ones.
- Ascent Solutions Architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake a gap analysis before the project outline is designed. No repeats and no non-useful documents are ensured.
- Ascent expert guiding you about the inadequate resources will resolve various problems.
- Ascent provides required training, education, and confidence to employees which eradicates fear and dopes confidence.
- Ascent helps by imparting the right education regarding coordination and motivation of management and employees to help you achieve ISO 17020 standard
- The Ascent Solutions Architect guides you through the entire ISO 17020 compliance and implementation till the achievement of certification which will give you a sigh of relief.
- Ascent works 24X7, to cater to the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even during the odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between ISO 17025 and ISO 17020?
Is ISO 17020 mandatory?
How long does it take to acquire ISO 17020 certification?
- Size of the Organization
- Methods being followed by the Organization, in providing the services- e.g. against National/International Standards; or Self Developed Procedures/Methods
- If they are self-developed procedures/methods- the procedures are needed to be validated.