ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation: Testing and Calibration Laboratories
Accreditation to ISO 17025 Certification in Saudi to Produce Results That Are Accepted Worldwide.
What is ISO 17025 Certification?
ISO /IEC 17025 Certification was implemented by the International organization of standardization and the International Electrotechnical Commission to sustain a Quality management system in laboratories and testing.
ISO 17025 Certification endorses an International standard of testing and calibration performance and specifies general competence to perform tests and calibration. ISO 17025 Standard applies to all laboratories conducting tests and calibrations and all levels of testing.
Laboratories shouldn’t confuse ISO 17025 Certification with conformity to safety requirements for tests. ISO 17025 compliance with establishing and maintaining quality management system in laboratories. There should be proper implementation and maintenance of documentation to accomplish the requirements of the standard. ISO 17025 allows the world to warrant trustable tests and calibration.
ISO 17025 Certification can be implemented by all the laboratories irrespective of the location, position, or objective to produce precise data that can be accepted globally.
Benefits of ISO 17025 Certification
Setting up the ISO 17025 Standard in your lab has several advantages for both your organization and the user.
- Laboratories achieve customer satisfaction.
- A better Quality management system in the laboratories
- Customer’s trust
- Improved efficiency of the assessment process.
- Foresee risks and opportunities. Prepare yourself systematically, in advance for it.
- Certification adds the credibility of international stature, against other organizations that do not demonstrate such third-party endorsements.
- Helps establish appropriate systems to control manpower systematically and monitor their performances.
- Mandates continuous monitoring & measurement of the processes that prevent unintended derailments.
Requirements of ISO 17025 Certification
For laboratories to successfully conduct their testing and calibration following the standard, laboratories must comply with specific requirements set forth by ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Define deficiency in the tests and calibrations
- Obtain customer feedback and complaints.
- Receive recommendations to improvise the quality of the test.
- Prepare suitable policies and procedures.
- Take corrective actions.
- Provide Proficiency testing.
- Make documentation plans.
- Ensure confidential policy.
- Improvement in quality and work
- Assessment of external bodies.
- Availability of resources and required equipment
- Presence of Internal audit.
- Consider the human factor
- Take preventive actions.
ISO 17025 standard also has adopted the process approach which follows the PDCA act (Plan – Do – Check – Act) cycle which brings in a drive for continued perfection in the process of the organization.
Which organization needs ISO 17025 Certification?
Obtaining ISO 17025 Accreditation enables a company, such as the healthcare industry, metrological laboratories, testing, and calibrations laboratories, to have its results acknowledged around the world. No matter how many people work there, it applies to all organizations that conduct laboratory activities.
Why do you need ISO 17025 Certification?
ISO/IEC 17025 Certification is the most important international standard for determining the competency and quality of laboratories. Ensuring greater acceptance of results throughout nations and organizations also makes it easier for testing laboratories and other agencies to collaborate.
Strength of Ascent SAUDI
- Ascent Saudi guides you about all the necessary processes and resources to avail to achieve the ISO 17025 certification conformity in all parts of Riyadh, Jeddah, al-Khobar, and Dammam.
- Ascent provides complete understanding and proper training for personnel that can solve quality issues easily. Ascent provides training based on the need of the organization and not unnecessary ones.
- Ascent-based Solutions Architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake a gap analysis before the project outline is designed. No repeats and no non-useful documents are ensured.
- Ascent expert guiding you about the inadequate resources will resolve various problems.
- Ascent provides required training, education, and confidence to employees thus making QMS a regular habit for them which eradicates fear and dopes confidence.
- Ascent helps by imparting the right education regarding coordination and motivation of management and employees to help you achieve ISO 17025 standard conformity.
- The Ascent Solutions Architect guides you through the entire ISO 17025 compliance and implementation till the achievement of certification which will give you a sigh of relief.
- Ascent works 24X7, to cater to the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even during the odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ISO 17025 Certification obligatory?
ISO 17025 is a standard provided for laboratories to provide consistent valid results and improve their functioning. It is not a mandatory Certification but it has its advantages and rewards.
How long does it take to acquire ISO 17025 Certification?
Well, if you have planned to achieve the ISO 17025 certification it depends on the factor of size for your laboratory, the equipment you have, and how well you are prepared with the documentation. At least 1 year might be required including Certification.
How long does ISO 17025 valid for?
The cycle of the certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of certification, subject to the successful conduct of surveillance audits before completion of the 1st & 2nd year respectively.
What is the cost For ISO 17025 Certification in the Saudi?
ISO/IEC 17025 is the management system for laboratories providing the requirements and calibrations to generate worldwide accepted results. Costing depend on the type and methods being used by the laboratory in conducting the tests.
What are the changes in ISO 17025:2017?
The risk-based thinking applied in this edition has enabled some reduction in prescriptive requirements and their replacement by performance-based requirements;
There is greater flexibility than in the previous edition in the requirements for processes, procedures, documented information, and organizational responsibilities;
A definition of “laboratory” has been added in the definition.