ISO 27001: 2013 accreditation was established by ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and ISE (International Electronic Commission) with a purpose of providing security to your organization’s assets such as financial information, confidential information of employees, customers and intellectual property. This information is the foundation to organization’s success. It is essential for organizations to keep some information protected for their own security and benefit.
ISO 27001 encourages ISMC (Information security management system) which is a systematic approach to managing sensitive data of the organization. Classified data of people, process, IT systems, projects, principles and much more should be secured by applying risk management process in the company.
The protection of important information of the company increases the profit value of every organization. Customer data is also an essential part of company data which should be comprehensively confined. Organizations need to adopt innumerable activities in order to keep the data secure. It should form a model for establishing, implementing, effective functioning, controlling, reviewing and improvisation of company data. ISMS process should be executed proportionally to the need of the organization.
ISO/IEC 27001 has adopted a process approach to plan, set- up, implement, operate, review, manage and improve a standard ISMS practice with the organization. ISO/ IEC 27001 is applicable for all types of organizations irrespective of its size, turnover, location, and activities.
Requirements of ISO 27001
- Define the scope of the ISO security management system plan.
- Define ISMS policy and its characteristics for your organization.
- Identify risk in the organization.
- Define risk management plan.
- Obtain management approval for a risk assessment plan
- Include engagement of Employees
- Review the risk management process
- Comprise full documentation process
- Confirm Internal auditing
- Enable Continuous Monitoring and maintenance of the risk management process.
ISO has adopted the process approach which follows PDCA act (Plan – Do – Check – Act) cycle which brings in a drive for continued perfection in the process of organization.
Benefits of ISO 27001 – 2013
- Security of the confidential data of an organization.
- The confidence of customers and stakeholders in risk management of your organization.
- Protects assets of your organization.
- Foresee risks in the organization
- Identifies, manage, and minimize risks.
- Protects goodwill and reputation of your organization.
- Competitive advantage over other organizations.
- Lower expenditure due to risk assessment.
- Allows secure exchange of the information.
- Established maintenance and control programs in the organization
Problems faced in ISO 27001: 2013
- Insufficient knowledge of ISO 27001:2013 conformity leads organizations to make defective risk assessment plans.
- Defining accurate scope turns a headache for many of the organizations. Organizations try to narrow the scope to reduce the burden which results in disappointment in the desired result.
- Employees face a tough time in understanding the requirements of the ISO 27001 standard.
- Documentation in ISO 27001 is an obscure task for many of the organizations.
- Production and Installation of applications and process is a complicated procedure for most of the organizational workforce.
- Auditing, Training and improving quality can cost you more than you can input, which makes most of the organization to step out of the process.
- Adopting a bureaucratic and incompatible ISO 27001 system can prove painful, redundant and build fear in employs which can degrade their motivation.
- Unprofessional and incorrect offers given by Consultants, that displays a very wide range of pricing. This creates confusion and hampers the Consultant selection process.
- Organizations may be trying their best, but still failing to reap the results. What they aren’t aware of is that they may not be having adequate resources with them or appropriate management solutions due to lack of expert knowledge.
- The possibility that the Consultant guides through, and emphasizes on massive documentation which the organization cannot handle, and somehow isn’t the mandatory requirement of the international standard too.
How can Ascent Saudi help you?
- Ascent experts provide you with teaching and training of complete ISMS process to the management and employees who help them meet the International ISO 27001 standard.
- We propose a 100% beneficial risk assessment plan for your organization.
- We help you define the most appropriate scope of risk assessment plan for your organization.
- We provide expert training to your organization which will make your employees professionals of ISMS process.
- We guide you through all the necessary documentation process needed for your organization excluding the redundant ones.
- The Ascent Solutions Architect guides you through the entire ISO 27001 compliance and implementation till achievement of certification which will give you a sigh of relief.
- Ascent experts guide you about the inadequate resources that will resolve various problems in the failure of ISO 27001 conformity.
- Ascent facilitates in-depth and professional auditing services that are significantly more stringent than the audits done by certification bodies. This ensures no failure during external audits.
- Ascent works 24X7, to cater to the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even in the odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.