Be the organization that produces safe (lead-free) Electrical and Electronic Equipment by taking on RoHS Certification in Saudi Arabia.
What is RoHS Certification?
RoHS is a product certification that lays down restrictions on hazardous substances in electrical and medical equipment to assist in the protection of the environment and health in the EU (European Union).
RoHS Certification forbids the use of hazardous substances during the time of manufacture. RoHS encourages organizations to take safety measures during the time of manufacturing to avoid wastage of resources and usage of hazardous substances.
The hazardous substance in the equipment could be eliminated during the waste management process which could avoid many human and environmental hazards. By following the guidelines laid by RoHS, equipment manufacturing firms verify the safety of their products and also gain consumer trust. RoHS also features measures to prevent hazardous substances from entering the products later in life.
RoHS is extending its restrictions to the new category of equipment arising in the EU. It had made a fair contribution to increasing the market share of the European Union and providing an opportunity for fair trade. All types of businesses, except distributors, will have to keep relevant compliance documentation for a minimum of 10 years. Earlier RoHS restricts the use of six hazardous materials in the manufacture of various types of electronic and electrical equipment.
- lead (Pb)
- mercury (Hg)
- hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI))
- polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)
- polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE)
Now, EU Directive 2015/863 added four new limited substances like Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) Phthalate (DEHP), Benzyl Butyl Phthalate (BPP), Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Diisobutyl Phthalate (DIBP) to be utilized in the sufficient extent as endorsed by the guideline. Benzyl Butyl Phthalate (BPP) and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) were added by July 22, 2021, to the hazardous list by restricting the extent of utilization.
The fundamental reason for utilizing Restriction of Hazards Substances (RoHS) is to keep the environment less contaminated in landfills, during reusing, and so on. Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE) 2002/96/EC sets reusing and recycling targets to tackle the issue of harmful e-waste. Both RoHS and WEEE are interlinked as a piece of the authoritative. The standard applies to every one of the producers who need to likewise pass the requirements of WEEE alongside RoHS to get entry into the market.
Benefits of RoHS Certification
- Consumer safety
- Consumer satisfaction
- Prevention and elimination of hazardous substance
- Prevents wastage of resources
- Saves cost
- Better market opportunity in the EU
- The benefit of International stature to your product.
- Product quality is enhanced to meet RoHS requirements.
Requirements of RoHS Certification
- Conduct product testing
- Monitor conformity compliance
- Carry out inspections
- Verify product safety
- Take enforcement actions
- Eliminate hazardous substances during the time of manufacturing
- Internal auditing
- On-site testing
Why do you need RoHS Certification?
With the persistent, fast development of innovation, numerous clients became mindful of the unfriendly impacts of the hazardous substances and are likewise aware of the burden of e-waste on landfills. To stay away from this, the RoHS directive has been embraced to restrict the number of hazardous materials in the EEE to diminish the incidents of these substances.
Which Organization needs RoHS Certification?
Any business managing or selling electronic and appropriate electronic items or parts straightforwardly to EU nations or be the affiliates, merchants, or integrators that thus offer items to EU nations is expected to follow the RoHS certificate. To get entry and show that your organization esteem buyer wellbeing, as well as the climate, the producer, seller, or the affiliate of the EEE items, should be RoHS Certified.
Strength of Ascent SAUDI
- Ascent Saudi provides complete understanding and proper training to personnel that can solve RoHS-related issues easily. Ascent provides training based on the need of the organization and not unnecessary ones in all parts of Riyadh, Jeddah, Al-Khobar, and Dammam.
- Ascent Saudi with its expert knowledge and more than 18 years of experience guides you perfectly to achieve the right RoHS directive.
- The Ascent Solutions Architect guides you through the entire RoHS compliance and implementation till the achievement of certification which will give you a sigh of relief.
- Ascent-based Solutions Architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake a gap analysis before the project outline is designed. No repeats and no non-useful documents are ensured.
- Hiring Ascent can guide you with proper budget knowledge without you paying additional expenses.
- Ascent facilitates in-depth and professional auditing services that are significantly more stringent than the audits done by certification bodies. This ensures no failure during external audits.
- Ascent works 24X7, to cater to the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even during the odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is RoHS Compliant?
RoHS is a product level compliance based on the European Union’s Directive 2002/95/EC, the Restriction of the Use of certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS)
How long does the RoHS Certificate valid for?
RoHS Certificate is valid for 5 years to record product safety and verify RoHS Compliance.
Which is the RoHS current Directive?
The RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU after amendment on 15 November 2017, the European Parliament and of the Council currently restricts the use of ten hazardous substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
What is the cost of RoHS Certification in the Saudi?
The cost of RoHS depends on the approach you are taking and the factors including internal resourcing capabilities, and as well as the scope of products/services you offer.
Is RoHS Certified products lead-free?
RoHS has restricted the use of Hazardous substances in their EEE. Lead is one of the Hazardous substances. In the RoHS directive, they have mentioned the user must not exceed the exact limit. For lead, it is 0.004%.
For other substances, the Directive has given the maximum limits.