Conduct a SEDEX SMETA audit in Saudi Arabia that is widely recognized and ensures accuracy and transparency inside your company.
What is SEDEX Certification?
A global forum for the exchange of data on morally responsible production is the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange Database. Through the use of SEDEX, members may control their suppliers and lower risks across the whole supply chain.
Companies that go through a SEDEX Audit following the SMETA Guidelines respect the ethical and socially responsible production principles in the supply chain and can demonstrate to their clients that they successfully manage their suppliers following these principles.
The audit process developed by the Sedex membership is called SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit). Instead of conducting a new audit for each client, a provider might use SMETA’s ethical audit technique. The underlined, established Audit Procedures are to be carried out by the Auditors using the SMETA documentation. The guidelines in SMETA can be implemented and customized to conduct audits against a variety of codes based on the conventions of the International Labor Organization. SMETA has been created for both 2-Pillar and 4-Pillar audits (ILO).
Benefits of SEDEX Certification
The best practice guidance on directing moral exchange audits to evaluate sites and suppliers and comprehend actual commercial benefits for your organization is provided by Sedex’s social auditing methodology.
- Organizations that are socially responsible and meet legal, contractual, and regulatory standards are recognized.
- A better organizational structure
- Emphasis on business ethics
- Drive improvements in your product and service supply chain.
- Obtain a competitive edge over rivals
- Uses the Sedex Risk Assessment tool to lessen dangers and risks
- Obtaining the designation of a market-approved supplier
- Increases productivity and accomplishes goals
- Management of resources and time
- Increases supplier trust and engagement
- Possibility of exports, which would benefit the company
Requirements of SEDEX SMETA
The following standards must be followed by the organization for the Certifying Body (CB) to conduct a Supplier Ethical Data Exchange SMETA Audit there:
- Observe and implement labor laws within the organization
- Maintain safety procedures by adhering to health and safety requirements.
- Preserve and enhance the working environment’s environmental conditions.
- For efficient business operations, adhere to business integrity principles.
- Develop a proper Audit Report by adhering to the established processes.
- If the situation arises, create a strategy for corrective action.
Which Organization Needs SEDEX Audit?
Any organization around the globe is welcome to join Sedex, the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange, a non-profit organization.
Sedex is a membership organization for companies dedicated to continually enhancing the performance of their supply chains’ ethical standards. Businesses join Sedex to use the web-based system, take part in governance, participate in working groups, network with other Sedex members and use Sedex value-added services.
Why conduct SEDEX Audit?
By strengthening supplier relationships, SMETA audits, a member of the Sedex Associate Auditor Group, aid in achieving more insight into your supply chain. Additionally, it helps to improve your brand’s position in ethical compliance by removing the need for several Certifications to compliance with requirements.
Strength of Ascent SAUDI
- Ascent Saudi provides complete understanding and proper training for personnel that can solve quality issues easily. Ascent Saudi provides training based on a need of the organization and not unnecessary ones in all parts of Riyadh, Jeddah, al-Khobar, and Dammam.
- The Ascent Saudi Solutions Architect guides you through the entire SEDEX implementation till the achievement which will give you a sigh of relief.
- Ascent Saudi helps by imparting the right education regarding coordination and motivation of management and employees to help you achieve the SEDEX Audit, and SEDEX Certification in Saudi Arabia.
- Ascent Saudi expert guiding you about the inadequate resources will resolve various problems.
- Hiring Ascent Saudi can guide you with proper budget knowledge without you paying additional expenses.
- Ascent Saudi-based Solutions Architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake a gap analysis before the project outline is designed. No repeats and no non-useful documents are ensured.
- Ascent Saudi facilitates in-depth and professional auditing services that are significantly more stringent than the audits done by certification bodies. This ensures no failure during external audits.
- Ascent Saudi utilizes methods of making use of available resources within the organization that help reduce expenses.
- Ascent Saudi integrates the existing system in a synchronized manner, to demonstrate SEDEX Audit. Various models and elements like 5S, Six Sigma, Kaizen, TQM, etc. are integrated based on the need and capabilities of the client organization.
- Ascent Saudi works 24X7, to cater to the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even during the odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent Saudi has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent Saudi employee abides by.
- ISO certification is no longer a painful process. Experience a height of success witnessed never before. Contact us or request a quote.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are SMETA 2 pillars and 4 pillars?
What does SEDEX SMETA Audit cover?
What is the lifespan of SEDEX membership in Saudi Arabia?
How do I check the SEDEX SMETA Audit report?
What is the cost to be a part of Sedex membership in Saudi Arabia?
The cost to join as a member of SEDEX depends on the type of member you want to be as a buyer or a supplier. It depends on the annual sales turnover of the organization and the setup cost including training and account management support to help you get the most from your Sedex membership.